Please note: Once you have submitted your item along with your details, they will remain on the website until the expiry date that you have chosen. Once submitted you cannot change these details or remove them, so make sure they are correct and that you are happy with the information you are posting. This keeps things simple; no signing in.
To give away an item
- Firstly, click on the Give Away button. Give your item a title.
- Add a description, remembering to put up the approximate weight and dimensions. State a date for your item to expire. The maximum time is 6 months and there is no minimum. You can always re-post your item if it hasn’t gone after this time. Your item and details will remain on DIYgogo until the expiry date of your listing, after which they will be deleted.
- Once your item has been re-homed, and you no longer want to receive requests, simply write ‘this item is no longer available’ in the comments box, located on your item’s page. Here you can also make amendments to your post. Make sure it’s a sizable sentence, as one or two words may be blocked by the spam checker.
- Select a category that best suites your item. Add a few photos, along with either an email address or a phone number, so that anyone who’s interested can contact you.
- Finally, fill in the address that the item is located at. This will then show up on a map for anyone who is interested to see. If you’re unhappy with submitting your address, you can just fill in your postcode. This will locate the item within your area.
- Verify that you are not a robot by ticking the reCAPTCHA box, and confirm that you agree with the Terms Of Services????????????????????????
- Hit submit! Your post will be up, and you will be redirected to the home Page.
- Anyone who is interested in your item will contact you using the information you have provided.
To find and collect an item
- Firstly, tick the reCAPTCHA box to verify that you are not a robot. Then click on the Search For button.
- Once inside, simply fill in the fields to best describe the item you’re looking for.
- You can refine your search to a set distance from any stated location. Put in your postcode, and use the slider bar to define how far you are willing to travel. The maximum distance is 50 miles from your stated location. All items that match your search criteria will be displayed in a list at the bottom of the page.
- Alternatively, if you’d like to search by category only, click on one of the categories in the category list, and all items within will be displayed near the bottom of the page.
- You can also search for an item by using the search bar, found on the right side of the page. Tap in some key words and press enter. All relevant articles will be listed below.
- Once you’ve found an item you’re interested in, click on it, and the following page will provide more photos, a more detailed description, and a means of contacting the owner. If the item is no longer available, it will say so in the comments box. Make sure you check this before contacting the owner.
- Simply contact the owner and arrange a time and place to pick up. Don’t forget to find out the dimensions and weight of the item first, before you arrange to meet in a café with a floor joist…